Blinded by the Light by R.M. DemeesterMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blinded by the Light is turning out to be a pretty easy audiobook to listen to, especially when I’m doing the dishes or getting ready for bed. I usually prefer my books a little faster-paced and more feel-good, so the slower beginning did take some getting used to.
The main thing keeping me listening is the mystery around Ian. From the beginning, it’s clear that he’s hiding something, and that gives the romance a bit of suspense. Danyelle is definitely more naive and prone to overthinking than the kind of FMC I usually connect with. There are some quirky/weird moments with the characters, but so far they haven’t given me that lovable chaos I was hoping for.
The romance is more slow-burn than spicy, which works well for my preferred spice level, although anyone looking for a lot of spice will probably be disappointed. The story leans more toward romance mixed with mystery, secrets, family drama and suspense than a straightforward fluffy romance.
As an audiobook, it works nicely as something to have playing in the background.
Overall, I’d say this is an enjoyable, low-spice romantic mystery, but it isn’t quite hitting all of my personal favourites
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten